Background in brief
- Gained LLB in 1982 at Birmingham University.
- Articled at Wilde Sapte in the City of London, qualifying as a solicitor in 1985.
- Assistant solicitor in the corporate tax department at Linklaters in the City of London from 1985 to 1987.
- Joined Wiggin & Co in 1987.
- Partner at Wiggin & Co from 1990 to 1999.
- Head of Legal at large multinational news and business information group from 2000 to 2003 and Director of Business Development and Head of Legal from 2003 to 2009.
- Partner Wiggin Osborne Fullerlove from 2010.
Paul has over 25 years’ experience advising on complex tax and trust structures, providing advice to a wide range of high net worth private clients including entrepreneurs, families with inherited wealth, entertainers and film producers often with an international element and including both UK resident (domiciled and non-domiciled) as well as non-UK resident individuals. He advises on the tax, trust and related issues arising out of high value divorce settlements and also has expertise in cross-border corporate tax structuring.
In Paul's Own Words
“Good legal and tax advice has at its heart not only attention to the detail of that advice but also a thorough understanding of the client’s personal circumstances and aspirations. I thrive on developing that understanding and applying it to the advice which I am providing”