- 1986, MA (Hons), History & Law, Downing College, Cambridge.
- 1998, Hon Fellow, Centre for International Legal Studies
- 1987-1994, trainee/solicitor, private client department, Macfarlanes, London.
- 1994-1998, solicitor/associate, tax and trusts group, Osborne Clarke, Bristol.
- 1998-2003, tax partner/head of personal tax and charities teams, Pinsent Masons, Birmingham/London.
- 2003-2009, senior private client partner, private capital group, and partner in the charities group, Charles Russell, Cheltenham/London/Geneva.
- 2010, partner, Wiggin Osborne Fullerlove.
- National Tax Committee & Capital Taxes Sub-Committee, Law Society (representing solicitors’ profession nationally on tax changes).
- Editorial board, Private Client Practitioner (leading private client magazine).
- Director, IKON Gallery.
- Regular conference speaker, article writer and contributor to national and professional media on tax, trusts and charity law.
- Ranked as a leading private client and charity lawyer in the legal directories.
UK, offshore and international tax, trust and estate planning.
Advising private clients, their families and ownership vehicles both in the UK and around the world on all kinds of legal work.
Providing legal and tax advice for charities and other not for profit organisations.
- Families and private individuals in the UK and internationally.
- Trusts and foundations
- Private companies
In Stephen's Own Words
"Common sense and practicality are key attributes to being a good lawyer. As the late John Mortimer said, ‘no brilliance is required in law, just common sense and relatively clean finger nails’.”